Jan 3, 2009

The first glimpse of me

Today was a beautiful day, but cold. I went for a wonderful walk and it felt good to get out. A week and a half with the kids home from school and I'm looking forward to some quiet time (i.e. - kids back to school).

I hope that you like the image I've chosen for my blog banner. It is a painting that I did from a photo. I don't even own a cat (but had one very similar to this when I was a child). The image just seems inviting to me - cozy, warm, peaceful. I will try and share some of my artwork periodically.

I hope that you take an opportunity to check out some of my favorite blogs. A few of them are from Scandinavia. Some of these have the text translated to English, but a few do not. I just love to look at the pictures. The Scandinavian interiors are so calm and warmly inviting. The photos of the outside are full of snow, woods, and a beautiful part of the world that I hope to visit one day. If you have a bit of time, check these out. I hope that you find them as remarkable as I do.

Bye for now,
Shar

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to tell you how much I like your banner. You have real talent. I love the kitty's expression.

    Thanks, too, for including me in your links. I feel honored.

    ReplyDelete